Romance and Cozy Mystery Author, Michelle M. Pillow is available to speak to clubs, organizations, writers’ conferences and other events–either in online workshops or in person. Subjects are handled in a relaxed, yet professional manner, and can be customized for your needs. For more information and fees, or to book your event, please contact the author with the event name, location, and length.
New York Times Bestselling Author
USA Today Bestselling Author
#1 Amazon Bestselling Author
Over a million copies sold
Science Fiction Romance
Dark Paranormal Romance
Contemporary Series Romance
Contemporary Single Title Romance
Parallel Universe / Alternate Reality
Paranormal Underground Magazine, Journalist and Paranormal Author Interviewer
Michelle M. Pillow, Author of All Things Romance
New York Times & USA Today Bestselling Author
NYT & USAT Bestselling Author Michelle M. Pillow is an award-winning romance and cozy mystery writer with over 100 published books over the course of her nearly 15-year career. She is best known for her Qurilixen World including the series: Dragon Lords, Space Lords, Lords of the Var, Galaxy Alien Mail Order Brides, and more; and for the award-winning Warlocks MacGregor®.
She has been a #1 Amazon Bestselling Author, on the Amazon bestseller list multiple times, the winner of the 2006 RT Reviewers’ Choice Award, and nominated for the Romantic Times Lifetime Achievement Award 2011. She has a BGS in History/Business with an English Minor, a Certificate in Globalization and Culture Change (Cultural Anthropology), and a Photography degree.
Michelle is considered a hybrid author (both traditionally and indie published.) Her previous publishers include Simon & Schuster Pocket Books, Random House, Virgin Books, Adam’s Media, Entangled Publishing, Samhain Publishing, Ellora's Cave Publishing, Running Press, Robinson Publishing Ltd, and more. Her indie titles are published under The Raven Books LLC. Several of the titles have also been published in foreign languages.
She can be contacted through her website: www.MichellePillow.com
The Raven Books LLC
Here are some topics Michelle Pillow has spoken on in the past. She can customize topics for your particular needs. Book Readings also available to adult audiences.
E-books the New Treasure
HCC College, 2011
- Talk included, but was not limited to: The rising popularity of e-books, author life, basics on how to read e-books for some of the nontraditional students not exposed to the technology (including downloading, file format, etc), piracy laws and legalities, how college students can legally find free books for their English lit classes sometimes saving hundreds of dollars over the course of a college career.
Virgin Books Spotlight Panel
Romantic Times Convention, April 2007
- Virgin Books is affiliated with Random House. Author discusses what it’s like working for the publisher, writing in both UK and US English, and of what it means to be an author in today’s world.
Never Underestimate a Lady: Erotic Romance for and by Women
RWA Convention, July 2007
- The difference between romance, erotic romance and erotica. What it’s like to write on both sides of the coin, author observations about the state of the romance industry as it pertains to being an author and writing, romance novel statistics.
- “Never Underestimate a Lady” Handout
Online Marketing Tips and Tricks
NEORWA Online Workshop, February 2009
- Two week online course conducted with Author Mandy M. Roth
- Author can speak about marketing your novel, whether it’s your first or hundredth. How to utilize the internet to market and promote yourself and your book with minimum cost.
TWO WEEK ONLINE WORKSHOP IN DETAIL:
Marketing on a Budget is a very real possibility especially if you know how to go about doing it. With today’s technology and the internet, it’s easier than ever to promote yourself and your book at a great price. With a little work on your end, you can spread the word. To prove that we’re all about helping authors, anyone who registers for this workshop will receive a static cover ad spot on the Raven for one month (dates assigned by owners). That right there means the class has paid for itself.
Topics covered in this workshop:
• Websites: Their importance, if you need one or not and ways to get one for a low cost.
• Newsletters and personal author group: Establishing a place where your readers can be informed of new releases and coming soon material.
• Online banner and cover ads: How to make your own to help cut cost.
• Print promotions: Bookmarks, business cards and misc bulk material.
• Blogs and blog touring: Getting started, interview tips and suggestions.
• Social Networking sites: Myspace, facebook, etc.
• Making a book video: Easy step by step guide.
• Press Kit: What to assemble and how to make it assessable.
About the Instructors:
Award winning authors and promotional goddesses Mandy M Roth and Michelle M Pillow combined have over twenty five years experience in the world of marketing and know what it takes to promote a book.