The Raven Books LLC operates the https://michellepillow.com website, which provides the SERVICE.
This page is used to inform website visitors regarding our policies with the collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information if anyone decided to use our Service.
Information Collection and Use
For a better experience while using our Service, we may require you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information, including but not limited to your name, phone number, and postal address. The information that we collect will be used to contact or identify you.
We want to inform you that whenever you visit our Service, we collect information that your browser sends to us that is called Log Data. This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser version, pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, and other statistics.
Cookies are files with small amount of data that is commonly used an anonymous unique identifier. These are sent to your browser from the website that you visit and are stored on your computer’s hard drive.
Our website uses these “cookies” to collection information and to improve our Service. You have the option to either accept or refuse these cookies, and know when a cookie is being sent to your computer. If you choose to refuse our cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
We may employ third-party companies and individuals due to the following reasons:
- To facilitate our Service;
- To provide the Service on our behalf;
- To perform Service-related services; or
- To assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
We want to inform our Service users that these third parties have access to your Personal Information. The reason is to perform the tasks assigned to them on our behalf. However, they are obligated not to disclose or use the information for any other purpose.
We value your trust in providing us your Personal Information, thus we are striving to use commercially acceptable means of protecting it. But remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and reliable, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Links to Other Sites
Our Services do not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal identifiable information from children under 13. In the case we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we immediately delete this from our servers. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us so that we will be able to do necessary actions.
Mailing List / Newsletter
The Michelle M. Pillow mailing list is by opt in only. If you opted in and change your mind, you can unsubscribe via the link on the bottom of the newsletter in your inbox.
Michelle M. Pillow, NYT Bestselling Author of All Things Romance will use the information you provide on this form to be in touch with you and to provide updates about author news, new release books, pre-order books, sales, backlist books, product updates, and other marketing. Please let us know all the ways you would like to hear from us.
GDPR Compliance –
Michelle M. Pillow®, NYT & USAT Bestselling Author will use the information you provide on this form to be in touch with you and to provide updates and marketing. You will hear from us via EMAIL by signing up for the service.
You can change your mind at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the footer of any email you receive from us, or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will treat your information with respect. For more information about our privacy practices please visit our website. By signing up for any of the newsletters, you agree that we may process your information in accordance with these terms.
We use Mailchimp as our marketing platform. By clicking below to subscribe, you acknowledge that your information will be transferred to Mailchimp for processing. Learn more about Mailchimp’s privacy practices here.
What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog, website or app?
We collect information from you when you fill out a form or sign up for our contests, newsletters, or other information.
When registering for a service our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to provide your: name, e-mail address, mailing address or phone number. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, subscribe to a newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form or enter information on our site.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize user’s experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve our website in order to better serve you.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- Newsletter sign up: To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
How do we protect visitor information?
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
- We use regular Malware Scanning.
- We do not use an SSL certificate
- We only provide articles and information, we never ask for personal or private information like credit card numbers.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future.
We may also use trusted third party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser’s Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you disable cookies off, some features will be disabled It won’t affect the users experience that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly.
Third Party Disclosure
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third Party Links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These links are provided as a convenience. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
PHG and/or advertisers (or another third party where applicable) may use code of cookies on this website to track the performance of marketing efforts. No personally identifiable information is collected in such process.
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en We have not enabled Google AdSense on our site but we may do so in the future.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA we agree to the following:
Users are able to change their personal information:
- By emailing us
How does our site handle do not track signals?
We honor do not track signals and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third party behavioral tracking?
It’s also important to note that we do not allow third party behavioral tracking
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under 13, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, the nation’s consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online. We do not specifically market to children under 13.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
We will notify the users via in site notification as soon as such beach is brought to our attention, as appropriate.
We also agree to the individual redress principle, which requires that individuals have a right to pursue legally enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or a government agency to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
Notice of Registered Trademarks Michelle M. Pillow®Warlocks MacGregor®Registered, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Contests and Giveaway Guidelines
Guidelines for any and all contests and/or giveaways sponsored by The Raven Books LLC and/or Michelle M. Pillow and her team.
- No purchase necessary. Purchase does not enhance chance of winning.
- Void where prohibited.
- Contest is governed by the laws of the United States of America, Mississippi. Contest participants agree that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected to this contest shall be resolved individually, without resort to class action or legal action exclusively before a court located in Mississippi having jurisdiction.
- Contest is sponsored by The Raven Books LLC.
- Unless otherwise stated, winners will be notified privately (ie. email, private message, etc). The Raven Books LLC is within its right to list winners’ names publicly. Winners agree to the use of their name and other information when required by law.
- By entering you agree to hold harmless, The Raven Books LLC and its affiliates, subsidiaries, assigns, employees, officers, and or directors from any liability, illness, death, loss, injury, claim, damage or litigation that may arise, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not.
- The Raven Books LLC reserves the right to terminate, modify, cancel or suspend the contest or giveaway for any reason.
- FACEBOOK: You acknowledgement that the promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Facebook. By entering you agree to hold Facebook harmless.
- TWITTER: Anyone found to use multiple accounts to enter will be ineligible. When entering you must mention the contest hosting account in your update. Follow Twitter posting rules. You acknowledgement that the promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter. By entering you agree to hold Twitter harmless.
- INSTAGRAM: You acknowledgement that the promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram. By entering you agree to hold Instagram harmless.
- PINTEREST: Only one entry per person allowed. You acknowledgement that the promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Pinterest. By entering you agree to hold Pinterest harmless.
- TIKTOK: You acknowledgement that the promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Tiktok. By entering you agree to hold Tiktok harmless.
- Many will enter. Few will win.
Last Edited on 2021-01-12