Fried Green Tomatoes Recipe
The husband made me fried green tomatoes. One of my absolute favorites!!
My family has made them my entire life (longer, even) and though they come in many variations.
The secret is slicing the tomatoes and soaking them in salted ice water for an hour before you start the cooking process. This gives them the best tangy taste.
- Soak in salty ice water for an hour
- Dip in an mix of egg and milk
- Dip in a dry mix of flour, salt, pepper
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 to make sure they’re really coated
- Fry. Oil needs to be hot. About 2 mins each side or until golden brown
- Cool on paper towel