This is a Beta Reader and Review Team
Read through the information if you want on the waiting list
Must be 18 years or older to join. If you are not 18 years or older, do NOT sign up for this group. Other restrictions apply.
NOTICE: The terms will be changed to comply with individual vendor guidelines. Vender TOS guidelines MUST be followed, and vary per vendor.
Reviewers will be provided a free copy of the book(s) in exchange for honest review(s). Beta Reading may be requested, but is not mandatory.
This sign up is for those of you interested in becoming a member of Michelle’s Review and Beta Reader Team, a group with the purpose of reviewing and beta reading books (including reporting typos for books that have yet to go through full edits) by Michelle M. Pillow and her pen names.
And spreading the word about them to other readers! These could be new releases or backlist titles.
Michelle is writing ROMANCE and COZY MYSTERY. If a book or genre doesn't appeal to you, please don't take it for review. We will be able to see which books you take. The other genres Michelle writes should be along shortly.
You will be held accountable for the books you take. Books are individually watermarked to prevent pirating.
Should I buy the books too?
Verified reviews on Amazon hold more weight, so please consider buying a copy of the final book for your collection. Amazon TOS must always be followed.
How many books will I get?
The amount of books offered depends on the author’s schedule. You are not guaranteed or entitled to a book. Availability will vary.
Will I get all the new releases? Will I get backlist?
The books offered depends on the author’s schedule, and contracts. No, you will not get all of the backlist. You might not get all of the new releases.
Can I choose my books or genres?
Yes, but only out of the books offered. It is possible the series or genre or book you want will not be offered. It depends on the author schedule and reviewing needs. If a genre you don't want is offered, simply don't download the book.
I got it for free, does this mean I can share it?
No. Let me state that again: NO NO NO
1. That would be illegal. Ebook copies sent with embedded information to prevent copyright infringement and piracy. We are able to track who pirated the copy.
2. You will often be getting BETA UNEDITED ARCS. Please don't share those. It's just cool.
What about beta reading?
Sometimes you will receive offers to do an unedited ARC (Advanced Reading Copy) that has yet to go through full edits. (That's the price of seeing it before everyone else 😉 )
If you find an error, please let the Michelle Pillow Team know so they can pass it along to the author. Also, remember, when leaving a review after reading an unedited ARC: Review the story only (not the editing), as the final version for the public will have gone through several more rounds of edits.
What if I see a typo?
Email to us. Seriously, editors are only human. You're most likely getting a Unedited BETA ARC and part of that is helping the author spot typos.
I signed up, why can't I get in? Do you take everyone?
No. We do not take everyone. There could be several factors: Space in the group is limited and you are most likely placed on a waiting list. Or you didn't fill out your form correctly when trying to sign up. Or cyberspace ate your submission.
Not everyone who applies will automatically be a group member. Facebook, Real Name, Amazon Name, Goodreads and blog pages will be checked to verify you are a real reader. The more information you give us to verify you the better!
What if I'm a team member but I don't have time to review a particular book?
Don't take the book. Downloads are tracked so we'll know if you have it or not, so we can pull reviews or not. Just wait for the next one. Also, review copies are often BETA ARCs (see beta reading above) and you should just go ahead and wait for the final shiny version.
What if I review a Michelle book that wasn't through the review team?
Awesome! We'd still
love to hear about it. Michelle often pulls quotes from her team to use, so submit it at the submission form links when you do your other books!
Does Michelle do anything with the review quotes?
YES! You will often see review team member quotes on Michelle's ads, book pages, website, etc. She loves that you take time to review for her and loves sharing them.
Where should I post the reviews?
Everywhere! Amazon.com and Goodreads is incredibly helpful to the author, as are all vendors where you shop for books: Nook, Kobo, iBooks, GooglePlay. If you see a place you can talk about it, please share.
Be sure to tag Michelle's FB author page, The Reader Group, her Twitter, any blogs and social media pages you have or belong to (please respect their rules). Michelle needs the help of her team to spread the word about her books, so please share away!!
Have a favorite site you'd like to see Michelle listed on? Email us and let us know!
How to Participate - The Nuts n Bolts
As always, honest reviews only.
Vendor TOS must always be followed.
We request you leave reviews on Amazon, Goodreads, Barnes and Noble, iTunes, your blog site, social media posts and others, by or on the release date. You will be given links and release date information when you are offered a book.
If you're not interested in reviewing the series, book, genre, etc, simply don't take it. We'll be able to see that and more offerings will be on their way as they become available.
Review links will be turned in on a google doc form, not in emails. Make sure you can access Google Forms. (Don't know how? A google search will help.) If you don't put it in the form, we won't know its reviewed. The link to the form will be provided when you receive your the review request. It's the easiest way for us to pull quotes from you!
Book notices will be sent via an automated system. Currently BookFunnel ONLY. A download link will be provided. MOBI and EPUB only. No other formats will be available. Links to leaving the review will be inside the book, and in the email.
Review team members will need to know where their download files are saved.
You will need to know where your device/computer stores downloads as there is a limit to ONE download attempt per person. No technical support will be provided, sorry. The group is simply too large for us to attempt tech support for everyone and there are too many other factors which make us horrible IT.
UPDATE: Book Funnel, the service we use to track and distribute the books, does provide tech support for the downloading phase. Simply press the "Help" button on the download page if you have issues.
ARC (Advance Reading Copies) and Beta Reads - Review team members often get books early, before they are through all of the final line edits. If you happen to see a typo, we ask that you email us and take into the account you received an ARC when writing your review.
Don't share review links. You only get one. If you share it, you lose it. Review books are embedded with your information by the distribution company for anti-piracy, so don't share. Instead, encourage others to join the team!
The files will be available for a limited time from the day they are sent. No more. If you miss out on a download, wait for the next opportunity.
Do not request books. Everyone is offered the same book at the same time. However, the author always appreciated if you review a copy you purchased that wasn't on the review team offerings. Books are offered as they are made available to the review team.
How To Apply
1. Read through this page
2. Follow the link to the Form below and Click SUBMIT
3. Wait to be contacted (know there is a waiting list ahead of you)
Thank you for your interested in being a Michelle M. Pillow reviewer. In asking to join the group, you acknowledge and agree to follow the strict guidelines set forth. Not following the guidelines will result in your removal from the list without warning.
Terms and Conditions - Read Carefully
By signing up for the group, you're agreeing to the following Review Team Terms:
Members who violate terms will and can be removed without notice.
- By signing up for the Michelle M. Pillow Review Team, you acknowledge you have read and understand all the terms set forth on the sign up page. We reserve the right to end someone’s participation without notice or explanation. We may end the review team at any time.
- You understand this is NOT just a place to sign up for free books. This is a review team. Join the Fan Club if you want free book gifts. Review Book downloads are tracked.
- Being a Review Team member does not guarantee you will get any and/or all books. It also doesn't mean you will receive an entire series, or a series in the recommended reading order.
- The guidelines for being a Michelle M. Pillow Reviewer will be strictly enforced.
- Review links will be turned in on a google doc form, not in emails. Make sure you can access Google Forms. (Don't know how? A google search will help.) If you don't put it in the form, we won't know its reviewed. The link to the form will be provided when you receive your the review request.
- Review book notices will be sent via an automated system. A download link will be provided. The download will be a mobi (kindle) or epub (ibooks, nook, other) versions of the book. PDF and other formats will NOT be provided.
- You will need to know where your device/computer stores downloads as there is a limit to ONE download attempt per person.
- No technical support will be provided by the Michelle M. Pillow Team. The group is too large for us to attempt tech support for everyone and there are too many other factors which make us horrible IT. We suggest google searches or contacting the manufacturer's tech support of your reading device, software or computer. However, download support is currently provided by Book Funnel (Push the "Help" button on the book download page).
Must be 18 years or older to join. If you are not 18 years or older, do NOT sign up for this group. Other restrictions apply. Terms of group membership may change at anytime without notice.
Not everyone who enters will automatically be a group member. Facebook, Goodreads and blog pages will be checked to verify you are real. Also, failure to provide a full name will result in not being added.
BOOK MARK THIS WEBPAGE - Terms of services updates and information will be posted here. Vendor Review TOS must always be followed.
- How to EMAIL mobi (kindle) file to your selected reading device.
- How to LOAD the mobi (kindle) file to your Kindle.
- How to TRANSFER from your computer to your kindle
- How to find your Amazon Review URL (link to turn in)
- How to add a review to iBooks
- How to find your Audbile.com Review URL (link to turn in)
- How to Load & Open ePub & PDF eBooks On Your iPad
- How to find your Facebook and Twitter Direct URL
To sign up after you have read this ENTIRE page, go to Google Sign Up Request Form
This is NOT the same form you will use to turn in review links.