Read through the information if you want on the waiting list
Must be 18 years or older to join. If you are not 18 years or older, do NOT sign up for this group. Other restrictions apply.
NOTICE: The terms will be changed to comply with individual vendor guidelines.
Welcome, Michelle Fans aka Pillow Fighters!
This sign up is for those of you interested in becoming a member of Michelle’s Review Team, a group with the sole purpose of reviewing and beta reading books (including reporting typos for books that have yet to go through full edits) by Michelle M. Pillow and her pen names. Also, spreading the word about them to other readers! These could be new releases or backlist titles. If you do not wish to review the books you take you should not join the group.
This is not a free book distribution list. You will be held accountable for the books you take. Books are individually watermarked to prevent pirating.
How many books will you get?
The amount of books offered depends on the author’s schedule.
Can I choose my books or genres?
Yes, but only out of the books offered. It is possible the series or genre or book you want will not be offered. It depends on the author schedule and reviewing needs. If a genre you don't want is offered, simply don't download the book. We'll be able to see you didn't take it.
I got it for free, does this mean I can share it?
No. That would be illegal. Ebook copies sent with embedded information to prevent copyright infringement and piracy. We are able to track who pirated the copy.
What about beta reading?
Sometimes you will receive offers to do an unedited ARC (Advanced Reading Copy) that has yet to go through full edits. If you find an error, please let the Michelle Pillow Team know so they can pass it along to the author. Also, remember, when leaving a review after reading an unedited ARC: Review the story only (not the editing), as the final version for the public will have gone through several more rounds of edits.
I signed up, why can't I get in? Do you take everyone?
No. We do not take everyone. There could be several factors: Space in the group is limited and you are most likely placed on a waiting list. You didn't fill out your form correctly when trying to sign up. Cyberspace ate your submission. We're really busy running a large team.
Not everyone who applies will automatically be a group member. Facebook, Amazon Name, Goodreads and blog pages will be checked to verify you are real and you do indeed review books. Also, failure to provide a full name will result in not being added.
What if I'm a team member but I don't have time to review a particular book?
Don't take the book. Downloads are tracked so we'll know if you have it or not.
How to Participate
Please note there are set guidelines for being a Michelle M. Pillow Reviewer that will be strictly enforced. This is NOT just a place to sign up for free books that you may eventually get to. As always, honest reviews only.
Once a select ebook is sent to a Review Team Member, the member has a set number of days to read, review and post the review to Amazon (required), Goodreads (required), and other vendors as available: Barnes and Noble, iTunes, your blog site, social media posts and others. The due date will be posted when the book is offered. If you can't finish it in time, don't take the book.
Review links will be turned in on a google doc form, not in emails. Make sure you can access Google Forms. (Don't know how? A google search will help.) If you don't put it in the form, we won't know its reviewed. The link to the form will be provided when you receive your the review request.
Book notices will be sent via an automated system. A download link will be provided. MOBI and EPUB only. No other formats will be available.
Review team members will need to know where their download files are saved.
You will need to know where your device/computer stores downloads as there is a limit to ONE download attempt per person. No technical support will be provided, sorry. The group is simply too large for us to attempt tech support for everyone and there are too many other factors which make us horrible IT.
UPDATE: Book Funnel, the service we use to track and distribute the books, does provide tech support for the downloading phase. Simply press the "Help" button on the download page if you have issues.
The files will be available for a limited time from the day they are sent. No more. If you miss out on a download, wait for the next opportunity.
Do not request books. Everyone is offered the same book at the same time.
How To Apply
1. Read through all the terms on this page
2. Follow the link to the Form below and Click SUBMIT
3. Wait to be contacted (know there is a waiting list ahead of you)
Thank you for your interested in being a Michelle M. Pillow reviewer. In asking to join the group, you acknowledge and agree to follow the strict guidelines set forth. Not following the guidelines will result in your removal from the list without warning.
Terms and Conditions - Read Carefully
By signing up for the group, you're agreeing to the following Review Team Terms:
Members who violate terms will and can be removed without notice.
- By signing up for the Michelle M. Pillow Review Team, you acknowledge that you will be given ebooks in exchange for an honest review to be posted within a set time frame at the Required Online Places: Amazon and Goodreads (Other vendors and social media are greatly appreciated but not required). You acknowledge you have read and understand all the terms set forth on the sign up page. We reserve the right to end someone’s participation without notice or explanation. We may end the review team at any time.
- You understand this is NOT just a place to sign up for free books that you may eventually get to. Book downloads are tracked.
- Being a Review Team member does not guarantee you will get any and/or all books. It also doesn't mean you will receive an entire series, or a series in the recommended reading order.
- The guidelines for being a Michelle M. Pillow Reviewer will be strictly enforced.
- Once a select ebook is sent to a Review Team Member, the member has a set number of days to read, review and post the review to Amazon (required), Goodreads (required), and other vendors as available (not required, but appreciated): Barnes and Noble, iTunes, your blog site, social media and others. Look at the posting to see when the deadline is. Do not take a book if you can't review it by the deadline.
- Review links will be turned in on a google doc form, not in emails. Make sure you can access Google Forms. (Don't know how? A google search will help.) If you don't put it in the form, we won't know its reviewed. The link to the form will be provided when you receive your the review request.
- Review book notices will be sent via an automated system. A download link will be provided. The download will be a mobi (kindle) or epub (ibooks, nook, other) versions of the book. PDF and other formats will NOT be provided. If you can't review a book within the time frame don't download it. Downloads are electronically tracked so we'll know if you have it or not.
- You will need to know where your device/computer stores downloads as there is a limit to ONE download attempt per person.
- No technical support will be provided by the Michelle M. Pillow Team. The group is too large for us to attempt tech support for everyone and there are too many other factors which make us horrible IT. We suggest google searches or contacting the manufacturer's tech support of your reading device, software or computer. However, download support is currently provided by Book Funnel (Push the "Help" button on the book download page).
Must be 18 years or older to join. If you are not 18 years or older, do NOT sign up for this group. Other restrictions apply. Terms of group membership may change at anytime without notice.
Not everyone who enters will automatically be a group member. Facebook, Goodreads and blog pages will be checked to verify you are real. Also, failure to provide a full name will result in not being added.
BOOK MARK THIS WEBPAGE - Terms of services updates and information will be posted here.
- How to EMAIL mobi (kindle) file to your selected reading device.
- How to LOAD the mobi (kindle) file to your Kindle.
- How to TRANSFER from your computer to your kindle
- How to find your Amazon Review URL (link to turn in)
- How to add a review to iBooks
- How to find your Audbile.com Review URL (link to turn in)
- How to Load & Open ePub & PDF eBooks On Your iPad
- How to find your Facebook and Twitter Direct URL
- How to unzip a file on MAC
- How to unzip a file on PC
- How do I zip and unzip files and folders?
To sign up after you have read this ENTIRE page, go to Google Sign Up Request Form
This is NOT the same form you will use to turn in review links.